Have you ever woken up with a coating on your tongue and wondered what it’s from?
This simple practice can be life-changing and here’s why.
- Cleans toxins and bacteria from the tongue.
- Increases the flavours of your food and digestion because you are clearing the coating that covers your taste buds.
- Improves digestive health by gently stimulating internal organs.
- Improves dental health
- Helps eliminate undigested food particles from the tongue
- Boosts your immune system by removing the toxins that otherwise may be reabsorbed into your system.
How to use a tongue scraper.
I’ve saved you the gross YouTube video and we’ll skip right to the step by step guide.
- Scrape your tongue first thing in the morning (I scrape mine at night when brushing my teeth too)
- Using your scraper gently scrape from the back to the front of your tongue. The nodes on the back of your tongue are quite sensitive, so be gentle here.
- You can also scrape the sides of your tongue if you feel your scraper has missed these parts
- Scrape as many times as you need to, usually five to ten times, cleaning the scraper between each pass
- Follow the cleaning with brushing, flossing and a large glass of water
Comment below if you scrape your tongue, and share your top oral health tip.